Latest News

Pigeon Valley Fire update 60: Help available for workers

Please be aware that even if you haven't been evacuated but have not been able to work because of issues related to the fire, help may be available.
You may be able to get a Civil Defence Payment for loss of income if either:
  • you can't go to work and your employer has stopped paying your wages/salary, or
  • you're self-employed and have lost income because you can't work.

Get more details on the website here. 

You can find out more about all the support that is available at the Civil Defence Centre at the Richmond New Life Church, 85 Wensley Road, Richmond. It will be open from 10 am to 4 pm daily this week. Civil Defence and Red Cross staff will be available to discuss the support (financial, health, welfare) that is available to you if you have been affected by the fire.


All news