Heavy rain warning issued 12 May
Metservice have issued a heavy rain warning for our region.
Heavy rain may cause streams and rivers to rise rapidly. Surface flooding and slips are also possible and driving conditions may be hazardous.
- Area: Northwest Nelson
- Valid: 6 hours from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm Sunday
- Forecast: Expect 60 to 90mm of northerly rain, with thunderstorms possible. Peak rates of 15 to 25mm per hour.
- Heavy rain may cause streams and rivers to rise rapidly, and surface flooding and slips are also possible.
- Driving conditions may be hazardous.
- Swimming in the sea and rivers may also pose health hazards.
Get the latest forecasts
Please stay up to date with forecasts at the MetService website.
These sites are also useful: