17 July - heavy rain closes roads
UPDATE 11AM, SAT 17 JUL
Roads all around Nelson/Tasman have been affected but the heavy rain overnight.
Here's the current update from Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency.
Please continue to DELAY your journey as there are no detours available and only travel if necessary.
• SH60 Collingwood to Riwaka - Flooding
• SH6 Renwick to Hira
• SH6 Motupiko to Kohatu - Flooding
• SH6 Inangahua to Westport - High river levels
• SH6 Murchsion to Inangahua - Flooding
• SH6 Westport to Rapahoe - Slip
• SH63 Renwick to St Arnaud
• SH65 Shenandoah to SH6 - Flooding and slips
• SH7 Ikamatua to Stillwater - High river levels
• SH7 Waipara to Springs Junction (Lewis Pass) - Slip
• SH73 Arthurs Pass to Jacksons - Slip
Keep up to date with the situation as it changes on the Waka Kotahi Facebook page.
There is also surface flooding in many areas and residents in the worst affected areas are advised to stay home if they can.
The weather event is progressing as forecast and everyone is reminded to treat all roads and rivers with extreme caution as the situation evolves.